Alexander-Technique is usefull for all humans, whou want to improve theire coordination and insertion of bodily and mental power.
- relief stress and tension,
- endorsement in the process of individual developement,
- balance professional or intensive body-work, for dancers, musicians, actors , riders
- during pregnancy (with increase in weight, with change of balance point), to adapt movement to the modified conditions,
- to present oneselfe in the public in a good way, with a natural voice and with a good use of the selfe, for manager, politician, or teachers
- to handle physical strain due to profession, for dentists, nurses, or people, working in front of the computer,
- to handle ailments which are a result of malposition and incidents of the musculoskeleteral system and to get rid of backpain, shoulderpain, headache, hardenings, tensions and circulatory disturbance,
- to come after accidents and operations in untroubled courses of movement, free of pain,
- to find a bodily approach for the solution of psychosomatic disruption.
There are four studies on the impact of Alexander Technique lessons on back pain:
1. Randomised controlled trial of Alexander Technique lessons, exercise, and massage (ATEAM) for patients with chronic low back pain
2. Improvement in automatic postural coordination following Alexander Technique lessons in a person with low back pain
3. The impact of Alexander Technique lessons on chronic mechanical low back pain
4. Alexander technique and Supervised Physiotherapy Exercises in back paiN (ASPEN): a four-group randomised feasibility trial